Sunsail YM Coastal
The Sunsail Yachtmaster Coastal prep and exam course is a follow-on course from the theory and practical elements of the Coastal Skipper course. Upon achieving your RYA Yachtmaster Coastal certificate you will be recognised as an advanced, experienced sailor.
The first five days of this seven-day course involve preparation for the final exam, with your instructor ensuring that you have the knowledge, understanding and techniques required to pass the assessment. You will focus on improving your weak areas, ensuring that your sailing manner is both safe and efficient. On day five an RYA examiner will step aboard and ask you to complete various tasks and manoeuvres to assess your ability. Pre- exam requirements are a GMDSS short range certificate or higher grade of marine radio certificate, an RYA accepted current First Aid and the required logged miles.
Yachtmaster™ Coastal exam pre-requisites
- 30 days, 2 days as skipper, 800 miles, 12 night hours. If you hold the Coastal Skipper practical course completion certificate this is reduced to 20 days, 2 days as skipper, 400 miles, 12 night hours.
- Half the qualifying sea time must be conducted in tidal waters.
- All qualifying seatime must be within 10 years prior to the exam.
- A GMDSS Short Range Certificate (SRC) or higher grade of marine radio certificate.
- A valid first aid certificate
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The Yachtmaster Coastal exam costs £189 which needs to be bought along with you and is payable to the examiner.
Please remember to also bring photo ID and 2 passport size photos with you for the certificate to be issued.
2 of 2 berths available
Apply for berth
Introduce yourself to the skipper to let them know about your sailing background.
You won't be charged yet