Salty Sailing DS Theory Weekends
A comprehensive introduction to cruising for those looking to take on the role of skipper.
This shore-based course equips you with enough knowledge to navigate around familiar waters by day. A basic knowledge of lights is also included to introduce you to night cruising.
The course is taught over 40 hours with two exam papers.
First Weekend: 5 - 7 April
Second Weekend: 13 - 14 April
Course topics include:
- the basics of seamanship
- the essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
- electronic charts
- position fixing
- plotting a course to steer
- weather forecasting and meteorology
- collision regulations
- construction, parts and equipment of a cruising boat
- emergency and safety procedures including distress calls, use of flares, safety harnesses, life jackets and life rafts
2 of 2 berths available
Apply for berth
Introduce yourself to the skipper to let them know about your sailing background.
You won't be charged yet